Why hire Iron House?
Iron House is one of the ONLY firms in the United States that offers architectural and interior design services specific to the luxury home (and boutique residential) gym. We are passionate about design and dedicated to staying up-to-date on the most recent industry-specific research and trends ... but more importantly, we know fitness. Aside from designing luxury spaces, Jim Ryno owns personal training studios in NYC and Northern NJ and writes fitness related articles for several national health and fitness magazines. So our approach to every Iron House project is intensely personal, while uniquely collaborative.
How does Iron House charge?
There is always a cost attached to using any type of design professional, but we assure you that it's money well spent. You will end up with a more polished end result, and you won't waste your valuable time. Our basic rates are as follows:
- Consulting: phone/email/local/skype $125/hr
- Half day long distance site visit/consult: $625 plus travel rate & expenses.
- Full day long distance site visit/consult: $1250 plus travel rate & expenses. (Full day rates apply to travel that takes longer than 2 hours to travel to.)
- Design Costs: $125 - $200/hr (typically $125 per hour)
- Cost of Equipment: Professional Discount or Cost plus 20%, depending on the relationship Iron House has with each vendor.
- Custom Equipment, designed by Iron House, is priced per piece and based on the amount of customization requested.
- Retainer: Dependent on the scope of project. Typically $500-$5000.
- Construction rates and special 3-D renderings vary by project.
How long will my project take?
Full-scale projects can take six months or longer to complete, while the Iron House styling service will provide you with instant gratification. Typically more than two-thirds of the overall time is spent designing, planning and preparing. If time is of the essence, I can come up with solutions to meet your requirements. The duration of the project is not set in stone and hinges on many factors. If you make decisions quickly, the project will be completed sooner. If you need a little bit more time to mull things over, it could increase the time necessary to complete the project.
It is best to contact Iron House as early as possible to discuss your potential project. Fitness equipment, whether stock, semi-stock or custom typically takes anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks from the date the order is placed.
Do you offer your services to other trade professionals?
Yes. Custom equipmentis offered for other interior designers, architects and builders who require a helping hand in executing their vision for a particular project too. Iron House offers both design services and equipment selection help, and loves collaborating with other top designers whenever possible, so if you already have an interior designer or builder working on your home gym and they can't get a custom piece of fitness equipment, please have them contact Iron House.