Why hire Iron House?
Iron House is one of the ONLY firms in the United States that offers interior design services specific to the luxury home (and boutique residential) gym. We are passionate about design and dedicated to staying up-to-date on the most recent industry-specific research and trends ... but more importantly, we know fitness.
How does Iron House charge?
There is always a cost attached to using any type of design professional, but we assure you that it's money well spent. You will end up with a more polished end result, and you won't waste your valuable time. Our basic rates are as follows:
- Consulting: phone/email/local/skype $125/hr
- 2D/3D Design Costs: $125 - $200/hr (typically $125 per hour)
- Cost of Equipment: You will receive our Professional Discount, which varies depending on the relationship Iron House has with each vendor. For the most part, this discount will be less than what you will be charged in most retail outlets. We work directly with retailers such as Gym Source and Fitness Showrooms and directly with many manufacturers.
- Custom Equipment, designed by Iron House, is priced per piece and based on the amount of customization requested.
- Cost of Flooring, Mirrors, Fans, Lighting, Art, Audio and Video: You will receive our Professional Discount, which varies depending on the relationship Iron House has with each vendor.
- Retainer: Dependent on the scope of project. Typically $1500.
- Construction and Project Management rates vary by project.
How long will my project take?
Full-scale projects can take six months or longer to complete. Typically more than two-thirds of the overall time is spent designing, planning and preparing. If time is of the essence, we can come up with solutions to meet your requirements. The duration of the project is not set in stone and hinges on many factors. If you make decisions quickly, the project will be completed sooner. If you need a little bit more time to mull things over, it could increase the time necessary to complete the project.
It is best to contact Iron House as early as possible to discuss your potential project. Fitness equipment, whether stock, semi-stock or custom typically takes anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks from the date the order is placed.
Do we offer our services to other trade professionals?
Yes. Custom equipment is offered for other interior designers, architects and builders who require a helping hand in executing their vision for a particular project too. Iron House offers both design services and equipment selection help, and loves collaborating with other top designers whenever possible. So if you already have an interior designer or builder working on your home gym and they can't get a custom piece of fitness equipment, please have them contact Iron House.